|User: editor -- 2010-04-29 << 491 493 >>|
|Type: Count and statistics|
|Search all Count and statistics examples|
|How to count the number of lines and characters in multiple files and make a list? |
I have many text files that contains some data, can I count how many lines, how many characters in each file, and make a list for it?
|result.txt contains following contents: |
File: 01.txt Lines: 3 Chars: 13
File: 02.txt Lines: 3 Chars: 12
File: 03.txt Lines: 9 Chars: 33
|Hint: You need to Download and install "Replace Pioneer" on windows platform to finish following steps.|
|1. open 'Tools->Batch Runner' window |
2. drag all text files from windows file browser to 'Batch Runner' window
3. check option of 'set output filename', and modify the following entry to:
4. click 'Fast Replace' button,open 'Fast Replace' window
* click 'Add' button, in 'Search' entry, enter:
* in 'Replace' entry, enter:
* click 'ok'
* make sure 'Regular Exp' option is checked
* change the write_mode from '> Overwrite' to '>> Append'
* click 'Start', the result will be attached to result.txt
Screenshot 1: Fast_Replace_Window