|User: editor -- 2011-10-13 << 871 873 >>|
|Type: Character encoding|
|Search all Character encoding examples|
|How to search and replace strings in multiple utf-8 encoded text files? There are multiple utf8 encoded text files, how to batch search the string 'old' and replace with 'new' in these files all at once?|
|Hint: You need to Download and install "Replace Pioneer" on windows platform to finish following steps.|
1. Select menu "settings->encoding->utf8" to set the file encoding type to utf8
2. Open "Tools->Batch Runner" menu
3. Drag all files from windows file browser to "Batch Runner" window.
4. click "Fast Replace" button
* click "add" to add a new rule:
* set "search" to
* set "replace" to
* click ok
5. click "start" and all "old" will be replaced with "new" in all utf-8 files.
* Note1 : by select different encoding type in step 1, you can also replace files encoded with other types, such as unicode(UTF-16).
* Note2 : if there are many files, and only a few contain the string, you can use following procedure in place of step 3:
Click "Search Files" button:
* enter correct filename filter such as *.txt
* select "search directory"
* check option of "Containing Word/Phrase", and enter the search content such as "old"
* check option of "search subdirectory", if you need to search subdirectory/subfolder.
* click "search" button, and click "close" upon finish
Screenshot 1: Fast_Replace_Window