|User: tang jin fei -- 2011-08-01 << 829 831 >>|
|Type: Replace text in multiple files|
|Search all Replace text in multiple files examples|
|Hi, I have some files with special format chars in them like a1234, b5678, etc. I have a mapping file like this: |
(they are separated by \n)
I wish to replace the many a1234s and b5678s with xxxx and yyyy in multiple files. Can anyone please tell me?
|Hint: You need to Download and install "Replace Pioneer" on windows platform to finish following steps.|
|Firstly, you need to convert the mapping file to following format: |
1. ctrl-o open mapping file
2. ctrl-h open 'replace' dialog
* set 'search for pattern' to:
* set 'replace with pattern' to:
3. click 'Replace', done.
4. ctrl-s save to a file like rule.txt
Secondly, you can import rule.txt and replace multipe files
5. open "Tools->Batch Runner" menu
6. drag multiple text files to "Batch Runner" window
7. click "Fast Replace" to open "Fast Replace" dialog
* click "Import" to import "rule.txt"
8. uncheck "reg exp" option if you only need fixed string replace.
9. click "Start", done.
Screenshot 1: Replace_Window
Screenshot 2: Fast_Replace_Window