|User: editor -- 2011-05-23 << 786 788 >>|
|Type: Advanced search and replace|
|Search all Advanced search and replace examples|
|I want to delete files from a Directory and Subdirectories : |
I also want to be able to del this files listed in a LIST.TXT
can can I do this ?
|delete these files from d:\example\ folder and subfolder|
|Hint: You need to Download and install "Replace Pioneer" on windows platform to finish following steps.|
|1. create a combined string from file list: |
(1) ctrl-o open 'LIST.txt'
(2) ctrl-h open 'replace' dialog
* set 'search for pattern' to:
* set 'replace with pattern' to
(3) click 'Replace', done.
2. open "Tools->Batch Runner" window, click "Search Files" button.
* set 'File name filter' to the combined filename string:
* set 'Search directory' to the folder, like:
* check option of 'Search Subdirectory'
* click 'search' to search all files, and click 'close' when finish.
3. click "Run Apps" button, set the bottom entry to:
4. click "Run", all files in the list will be deleted.
Screenshot 1: Replace_Window
|How to put the file list of a directory into a text file? (61%)|
How to split every file in a directory automatically? (61%)
How to remove duplicate lines in multiple files in different sub-folders? (56%)
How to replace the same words in text files with different strings? (56%)
How to move a list of files that in different folders to a common folder? (56%)
How to generate a list of web pages with 2 numbers increased in sequence? (55%)
How to merge every 3 lines from file A and every 1 line from file B? (55%)
How to delete the 4th column from text files with 8 columns? (55%)
Check Demo of Advanced search and replace
|subdirectories apps run apps directories combine pdf subdirectory 123 file name filter bottom search and delete string from filename all subdirectories create filter delete string create directory create list of files in folder delete list replace and create files from list|