|User: Nick Makris -- 2009-02-16 << 317 319 >>|
|Type: Advanced search and replace|
|Search all Advanced search and replace examples|
|I need to replace a constant text, "_TAG_", that appears in a single template file with each occurance of a string value that found in a second file. This second file lists out tall the strings on separate lines. I would like to create a separate output file for each substitution that was made. |
|Hint: You need to Download and install "Replace Pioneer" on windows platform to finish following steps.|
|Assume template file is d:\mydata\template.txt |
Second file is strings.txt
1. Import strings.txt into system dictionary
1) ctrl-o open strings.txt
2) ctrl-h open replace dialog
* set "replace unit" to "Line"
click Advanced page:
* set "Run following at the beginning of replace" to:
* set "Run following for each matched unit" to:
3) click "Replace", strings.txt will be load into system.
2. Create subsititution files
1) Assume strings.txt has 123 lines, create a new file a.txt
with 123 lines, each line is full path name of your template file:
2) Open "Tools->Batch Runner" menu, click "Import List" to import a.txt
3) Change "Set output filename" to output file like: out_###.txt
4) Click "Fast Replace" then click "Add":
* enter "Search":
* enter "Replace":
* click "OK"
5) Click "Start", Done!
Screenshot 1: Replace_Window
Screenshot 2: Replace_Advanced_Window