|User: editor -- 2008-07-02 << 208 210 >>|
|Type: Advanced search and replace|
|Search all Advanced search and replace examples|
|How to reorganize following ":" delimited data into columns?|
|name:bill gates |
bill gates|55|male|street 123
|Hint: You need to Download and install "Replace Pioneer" on windows platform to finish following steps.|
|1. ctrl-o open your source file. |
2. ctrl-h open 'Replace' dialog
in 'Replace' page:
* set 'Replace Unit' to paragraph
* set 'Search for pattern' to:
* set 'Replace with pattern' to:
click 'Advanced' page:
* set 'insert begin text' to:
click 'Settings' page:
* select 'Para start' to 'other', and set to at right.
* select 'Para end' to 'None'
3. click 'Replace'. Finish.
Note: above operation is to seperate data by paragraphs, the start line of paragraph is indicated by "name:" field.
For each paragraph, take the 2,4,6,8 words and paste them side by side(The delimiter of words is not space, but the ':' or 'line break'):
will changed to word2|word4|word6|word8
|Download Script: scripts/209.rst.zip|
Screenshot 1: Replace_Window
Screenshot 2: Replace_Advanced_Window