|User: Bob Foster -- 2015-02-16 << 1279 1281 >>|
|Type: Batch file rename|
|Search all Batch file rename examples|
|During batch rename I would like to find a fixed length variable in the text file and use a portion of it as the file name. In source P301090 is logged and different for each file and now I would like to rename the file that number excluding the P . There are several files and they all have this string but not on the same line in each file. |
|File name 145X5310-2_015b.txt |
|New file name 301090.txt|
|Hint: You need to Download and install "Replace Pioneer" on windows platform to finish following steps.|
|Following steps is to find first (X******) in each file, and rename the file with ****** |
1. open "Tools->Batch Runner" menu
2. drag multiple files from windows file browser to "Batch Runner" window
3. check option of "set output filename", set the following entry to:
4. make sure the file name preview in "output file" column is correct.
5. click "File Rename", done.
Screenshot 1: Batch_Runner_Window