|User: vlad -- 2014-03-29 << 1188 1190 >>|
|Type: Batch file rename|
|Search all Batch file rename examples|
|How to merge files in all folders into one folder? |
I would like to merge all the folders into one folder. Each folder has about 10 notepad documents and I want to merge all of them under one folder. I have about 500 folders. Thanks.
|Hint: You need to Download and install "Replace Pioneer" on windows platform to finish following steps.|
|1. open "Tools->Batch Runner" menu |
2. assume all folders are under same parent folder
click "search files" button:
* set "filename filter" entry
* set "search directory" to parent folder
* check "search subdirectory" option.
* click "Search", all files under sub-folder will be listed
* close "search files" window
3. set "Change output folder" to the target folder, such as
4. click "rename", files will be moved to new folder, click "copy/download" files will be copied to new folder.
Note: there may be some duplicated files in different folder, you can set output filename entry to:
Then the filename will be preceded by a folder name to avoid duplicate.
Screenshot 1: Batch_Runner_Window