|User: Benedykt -- 2013-04-14 << 1071 1073 >>|
|Type: Text merge|
|Search all Text merge examples|
|How to merge for example 1000 files into 100 files (like 1st 10 files is merge in one and so on)|
|Hint: You need to Download and install "Replace Pioneer" on windows platform to finish following steps.|
|1. open "Tools->Batch Runner" window |
2. drag multiple files(e.g. 1000 files) from windows file browser to "batch runner" window
3. make sure the files are in correct order, you can click the title of each column to re-sort the files.
4. check "set output filename" option, and change the following entry to:
5. take a look at "output file" column, make sure the first 10 files have name of 1.txt, and the second 10 files have name of 2.txt, ...
6. click "Fast Replace" button
7. click "add" to add a new rule, leave 'search' to be blank, set 'replace' to:, click 'ok'
8. change "Write Mode" to ">> Append"
(Note: make sure to append file, not overwrite file, this step is very important)
9. click "Start", and click "Yes".
10. click "yes to all" if you get file overwrite prompt.
Note: please also make sure to clear old file 1.txt, 2.txt, ...10.txt before start, to avoid duplicates.
Screenshot 1: Batch_Runner_Window